Planning a baecation can be tricky especially if you’ve never been anywhere together. Bae made it simple because he told me he had never seen snow and I knew the perfect destination for us to go. Denver, Colorado! Continue reading to see what we did.
Denver is the perfect destination for a baecation because it literally has everything a couple needs. In a progressive city like Denver you can partake in brewery tours, shopping, rooftop bars, football games, marijuana dispensaries, and a plethora of outdoor activities, just to name a few. On top of all that, travel to Denver is super cheap. I have not paid more than $100 roundtrip for any flight to Denver over the past couple of years.
First things first, we had to eat!
Eat at Snooze for Breakfast
Snooze is a franchised restaurant, there’s even a location in Houston. But I feel like it’s a Denver staple. You can indulge in everything from a tasty hot chocolate to a pineapple mimosa, followed by sweet potato pancakes or a pot pie. 13/10 would def recommend to any hungry person.
Next, we went rock climbing.
Garden of the Gods: OMFGIWFB
I honestly think Garden of the Gods was my favorite part of the baecation. Not only was the scenery beyond beautiful, but it was so intimate getting to rock climb and literally feel like you’re sitting at the top of the world. We didn’t have a plan when going to see the “Gods,” as we literally just wanted to explore for the day, but here are some tours if you are into that sort of thing:
- 1909 Trolley Tour : Only $17. 45 minute tour in an open-air trolley.
- Jeep Tours: Pricing from $30 to $50 and 90 minute tour.
- Segway Tour: Pricing from $82 to $110 and 120 minute tour.
- For more info click here.
*** Safety-tip: Don’t climb mountains in chucks, you will literally have to parkour off the side of the mountain which can result in death.
FYI: Weed is legal in Denver
I can’t smoke due to drug testing from my employer so, i can’t tell you on the quality of the marijuana. But I wanted to see what the hype was about at the dispensaries for blogging purposes. There’s literally so many dispensaries, so finding your legal high is easy just look for a green cross on the building. Because marijuana use is legal in the city there are designated restaurants, bars, etc. where you can partake in the turnup. Here are some things to do:
- Puff, Pass, and Paint Class : Every Thursday & Saturday at 7 pm. For more info click here.
- My 420 Tours: literally everything from cooking, painting, brewery, and dispensary tours. For more info click here.
- Loopr: best explained as a weed party bus. Ride around town with some cannabis consuming friends and hop on and off to some of the best places around town. For more info click here.
- The Speakeasy : Cannabis Club : You can listen to Lil’ Boosie and play Mario kart while participating in the high life here. For more info click here.
Now you got the munchies:
- Cheba Hut is “weed themed” restaurant, but no worries there is no marijuana in the food. This might literally be my favorite sandwich spot. They have over 30 signature subs and literally the best rice krispies and purple drank. There’s locations all around town and def something you should try.
- This was bae’s favorite part of the trip because he loves the snow. We took a day trip up to copper mountain about an hour drive from the city to go play. Bae is not experienced in snow so, I thought we would take it easy and just go sledding. We had so much fun, he didn’t want to leave. You can do everything from ice skating, skiing, and tubing at Copper Mountain. For more info, click here.
- Red Rocks Ampitheater:
- Have you really been to Denver if you’ve never been to the Red Rocks Ampitheatre? Everyone from The Beatles to Jimi Hendrix has performed here. Check your schedule to see if you can catch a performance here. For more info click here.
- Rooftop Bar
Until next time Denver.